Empress EMT's and Paramedics are highly regarded as some of the most experienced and capable providers in the region. If you're interested in joining the team, please follow the instructions below to submit your application. Empress hires new employees as needed and will keep your application on file even if there are no current openings available.
Empress Ambulance Service will consider applicants for all positions equally without regard to age, gender, race, color, national origin, religion, creed, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
You may contact our Recruitment Department if you have any questions:
1-888-965-5040 ext. 3109
STEP 1: Are We Hiring?
Availability and Hiring
NOTE: We DO NOT hire drivers or dispatchers only. All personnel operating in the field or in our dispatch center must have obtained NYS medical certification as an EMT-B, EMT-I, EMT-CC or Paramedic. Paramedics applying to the NYC Division must have their NYC MAC prior to application. Paramedics applying to the Westchester Division must obtain both Westchester and NYC MAC's within 1 year of hire.
STEP 2: How To Apply
Please read the following carefully so that you understand our hiring process.
- Submit your application for employment to our Westchester or NYC Division. You may do this online or by mail. Detailed information on this is listed below.
- Your application will be reviewed by our Recruitment Department. If you meet the requirements for employment and there are open positions, an interview will be scheduled.
- Applicants will be scheduled for mandatory drug testing.
- After completing the above, applicants will be allowed to attend our Orientation Class and extended an offer of employment.
STEP 3: Submit Your Application
You may submit an application to our Recruitment Department online through this website. After completing the online application, it will be reviewed and an interview may be scheduled.
Applying by Mail or Fax
- You must meet all of the requirements listed above and have the appropriate certifications.
- Download the application below:
- The form can either be filled out electronically and printed OR printed and filled out by hand.
- Submit the completed application either by mail or fax it to 914-965-9776.
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files. You may download it free from Adobe.
We receive a lot of correspondence from those who wish to volunteer as EMT's with Empress EMS. While we appreciate your commitment to the community, we do not have a volunteer program at this time. "Ride-outs" and clinical rotations are reserved for current medical students and only through approved educational sites. We sincerely thank you for your interest!